France dedicated server
Your dedicated server hosted in France
Located in France
Adapted to suit all uses
Our Bare-Metal server solutions
Since the hardware resources of a dedicated server are fully allocated to you, you get the highest possible performance for your services. Each configuration has been carefully crafted by our team to harness the full potential of every component.
Our dedicated server solutions deliver optimal availability. They can be ordered in record time, and are available in over 30 datacentres worldwide via a powerful, reliable and secure network.
With the control you have over your dedicated server, you can create the perfect infrastructure for your projects. For example, you can use your first server to launch your applications, get a second one to keep up with your growth, or order multiple servers and allocate a different function to each one (database, services, etc.). With bare-metal solutions, you can achieve anything.
OVHcloud keeps sustainability at the heart of its innovation strategy. Since we want to offer the most eco-friendly solutions possible, we use technologies to reduce our environmental impact. One example of this is our patented water-cooling system for servers, which helps us reduce our energy usage.
Both ingress and egress traffic for your dedicated server are unlimited (excluding our datacentres located in the Asia-Pacific region). This means there are no hidden costs linked to your server’s bandwidth usage. You have a minimum bandwidth of 500Mbit/s, and it can be increased during specific time periods to absorb higher traffic loads.
A wide range of operating systems to choose from
Get total flexibility for your web server and your choice of operating system (OS). You are free to install the OS or Linux distribution of your choice, so you can pick whichever one is best for your project and use case. We offer a comprehensive catalogue of the most common Linux and Windows operating systems (Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows Server), all of which are available to install automatically on your machine. Interested in virtualization technology? Opt for our VMware, Windows Hyper-V and Proxmox VE solutions.
500GB backup space
Each dedicated server has a 500GB storage disk, so you can perform backups. This storage space is completely independent from the server, which makes it perfect for securing your critical data and configuration files. If required, you can increase the size of this disk space to store more data.
Your questions answered
What features are available with a dedicated server hosted in France?
We offer a wide range of features with our dedicated servers in France, including:
- A physical server with dedicated hardware resources (processor, memory, storage, bandwidth, etc.).
- Root (administrator) access to the server, so you can fully manage and customise your web environment.
- A connection to the public network (internet). Some servers are also equipped with a private network.
- A pre-installed operating system, or the ability to install the operating system of your choice.
- Technical support and server monitoring to ensure availability, security and stability.
- Anti-DDoS protection enabled on all of our services.
- Additional network and security features such as Additional IPs, CDN, the OVHcloud Load Balancer, etc.
Which operating systems and distributions are compatible with Bare Metal servers?
Many popular operating systems and distributions are compatible with Bare Metal servers (physical dedicated servers).
Here is a general list of the most common choices:
- Linux distributions: CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUSE Linux Enterprise
- BSD distributions: FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD
- Microsoft Windows operating systems (2012, 2016, 2019)
- VMware operating systems: VMware ESXi, vSphere
- Unix operating systems: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX
Why choose a dedicated server hosted in France?
If your business is located in France, it is important to offer your services that are as close as possible to your users. By choosing a dedicated server in France with OVHcloud, you can rest assured that your hosting provider complies with all local regulations, particularly with regards to data processing.
What is the difference between a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan?
The main difference between a dedicated server and a shared hosting solution is how the server’s resources are allocated. Shared hosting is a solution that hosts multiple users on a single server, making it a perfect option for websites with a low budget, and low levels of traffic.
With a dedicated server, all of the server’s resources are allocated exclusively to one person or organisation. This means that a dedicated server’s performance and availability is comparatively higher than that of a shared hosting plan. Another important factor to keep in mind is that web hosting packages do not offer the same configuration flexibility as a dedicated server. It is usually pre-configured with the essential services to host a website.
What is a dedicated server?
A dedicated server (or bare-metal server) is a physical computing machine that is fully assigned to a single entity (company, organisation, individual).
It is different from virtual servers like VPSs. A VPS is an environment that is isolated using virtualization technology, and allocated a portion of the physical server’s hardware resources (computing, storage, memory).
What are the advantages of a dedicated server?
A dedicated server offers all the advantages of a physical server, while being hosted by an expert provider. All aspects of the hardware, premises, network, maintenance and electricity management are taken care of by the hosting provider. This means you get a machine dedicated solely to your needs, with excellent performance to cover most uses.
Why choose a So you Start dedicated server?
Some web projects grow to a point where they require a solution that ensures stable, high-performance service in all situations. A dedicated server is the best choice for a fully configurable and reliable environment.
Dedicated servers can offer many advantages, including the following:
- Exclusive access to resources — your server’s resources are fully allocated to you. No sharing hardware resources with other users, which could result in lower performance.
- Optimal performance — dedicated servers are equipped with components specially designed for high-level professional usage, such as big data.
- Full control of your server — a dedicated server offers total flexibility, and you can add whatever features or settings you want to it. Whether you want to add software, tools or web applications, you are in control.
*Excludes datacentres in the Asia-Pacific region